World Read Aloud Day

World Read Aloud Day is on the 6th of March this year. Thanks Miss W for the links to this day that I came across from your latest post. It is a day to celebrate the power of words and is used to raise awareness of the need for all people to be able to read.

There are some suggestions for how you can participate in World Read Aloud Day here. If you would like to you can register your event so that the LitWorld group are aware of it and you can feel much more connected to groups all over the world.

Collecting a list of favourite read aloud titles from your class, their families and the staff at your school could be done via a Google Doc form. The results could then be published on a blog or school website. This would be a great resource for new parents.

Mem Fox has some very good information about the benefits of reading aloud on her website.

To list just one favourite read aloud would be impossible for me so here are five of mine:

Once I started searching the bookshelf a few more came to mind but I stopped at five to ask you – What are some of your favourite read aloud books? What is it that makes them your favourites?