Hi Ho Hi Ho It is Back to Work I Go

Empty Classroomphoto © 2008 Max Klingensmith | more info (via: Wylio)
Wow, the school term has started and I already feel like the holidays were in the dim, dark past. I have met my new class, dealt with countless computing issues, found out my timetable and started fiddling with my class intranet page.

Four roles in three and a bit days is how my work has panned out this year. Two days on a grade 4 class, three grade 5-6 classes for Library, ICT/enrichment support and a tiny bit of ESL work will keep me busy.

Today was my first day with my class and they were great. Listened well and had a go at all sorts of little activities throughout the day. I am very fortunate to have taught about half the group last year as well so settling in to routines has had a little head start.

Computer headaches in abundance but hopefully they will ease as the term progresses. It feels great when I can help sort out some of these and frustrating when I have to say wait until one of our ICT support technicians are in the school.

I have already been able to use some of the ideas I picked up from the Teacher Blogging Challenge to use on my class intranet page. Thanks very much to all the organisers of this great online PD.